Sunday, March 2, 2014

A Poison Tree - William Blake

   
A Poison Tree
William Blake


http://allpoetry.com/poem/8438021-A-Poison-Tree-by-William-Blake


            In the poem "A Poison Tree", William Blake Describes his angry and revenge of his enemy as a tree that he kept feeding with his fears and tears. Also, he has to pretend to smile to his enemy and to be wise with his revenge. His revenge was to make his enemy thinks that he managed to defeat Blake. Then, Blake gets his revenge by killing his enemy in his poem.
            In my opinion, I like this poem because some people feel like that with their enemy.
I think this feeling must be controlled to avoid ugly ends. As human beings, we like the dark and twisted ways, but we must remember that forgiveness is something bigger and better. Also, if anyone hates anyone, he will burn only himself with anger.
            I learned new vocabularies from this poem such as"wrath", and it means angry. Also, I learned "foe", and it means revenge. I took from this poem wisdom which is I will never do revenge from my enemy, and I recommend you and myself to forgive.



3 comments:

  1. I like how you summarize the poem clearly. It's nice to get the good benefit from this poem. I think action speaks louder than words. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its a good way to summarize such a diffcult poem. I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this poem because it tells an interesting story and rhymes. I agree with you that it is better to forgive someone than stay angry because you only end up hurting yourself. For this reason and because I think it's best not to hurt other people, I don't like the idea of revenge.

    ReplyDelete