Thursday, March 6, 2014

A Scary Experience


A Scary Experience

       I remember the day I felt so scared, and it was when I was 12 years old. I went to the desert in my country with my whole family, and I was excited. In the desert there are a lot of activities that we can do such as horse riding, camping, and riding motorcycle. We rented a motorcycle for each one of us. It was almost near the sunset, and it was getting dark. I rode a red motorcycle, and I drove it very fast. I went uphill with the motorcycle, and it was very funny.

       In the beginning I was laughing and smiling. I rode the bike and drove it fast with every turn. I loved the feeling that I got from the excitement. With that excitement I drove fast and took a sharp turn. I remember that everything happened in slow motion. The motorcycle flipped and I was on the ground. I remember other motorcycles passing next to me and almost running me over. When I hit the ground, I looked at the bike, and I saw it flipping and flipping. It was going to fall on me. I remember my mom screaming and my sister's shocked look. I was just waiting for the bike to fall on me and crush my bones. Suddenly, the bike stopped flipping and stood on the back wheels like if it was held by someone. At that moment, I was looking at the bike in shock until it flipped on the other said. When I realised that Allah saved me, I cried and screamed.

        I learned from that experience to be careful, and I did not ride another motorcycle until I got over that fear. It took me five years to get over that fear, but the important thing is that I did it. I had never been scared of the motorcycle before, but now when I ride motorcycle, I drive carefully and enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh! Mona you were almost die! When I read your story I worried a lot then when I knew it that someone held motorcycle, I had huge sigh! You should be careful whatever you drive ! Just remember it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is scary! I'm glad that you were OK!

    You did a nice job of setting up the story and describing the events as they occurred.

    ReplyDelete